Monday, May 18, 2009

Zoo fun

On Sunday Chip, Logan, my 6 year old nephew Jordan, and I went to the zoo. I actually had a really good time and the walk was really good excercise. We're contemplating buying a season pass, but I can't decide if I'd rather have a season pass to a pool. I really do love swimming. Anyway, at the zoo Logan didn't even know where we were or what we were doing and spent the whole time in the stroller with the sun thing down and then a blanket cover the rest to avoid sun exposure. Mommy forgot the sunblock( bad mommy!! ), but it was also way too hot in direct sun for him. The only time I took him out was to see the giraffes, which he would look at everything but them, I was disappointed! He'll grow into them though. Oh, and he did get out to ride on the train. I tried and tried to get my nephew to ride a pony and he wouldn't. He never wants to do anything he hasn't done before. I don't know how this kid will survive by never trying new things. He's at that age where he wants to do something, like ride the train, then complains the whole time we're on the train or ask questions. "Train is going too slow, why is it going to slow, the train is kinda uncool because it goes slow" So much negativity for someone so young. I kept telling him that I was going to send him to live with the lions, he didn't like this idea much.


Jordan is a handful though. A lot of the times you'll tell him to do something and mostly he will comply. However, he will drive you crazy when he wants something that you don't want to give him. For example. I was sitting on the couch watching tv and he asked me if I wanted to play my nintendo Ds. I said sure but then he wants to sit right on top of me and watch me play. So I took to saying no because I didn't want him in my face and he probably asked me about 15 times. Which is probably habit of all 6 year old I guess, I dunno I've never had a 6 year old.

Trying to see the ducks, or lack of trying lol I can't decide.


So tired from doing nothing in my stroller, I had to take a nap




Jordan and the Elephants ( I told him he could go live with them)



This is a really good picture of him, I think I am going to have it framed.

1 comment:

Heather said...

there's no way that is jordan!! he is such a handsome little MAN! where did the adorable little toddler go?